ADG has created homes, buildings, and places for over 30 years. ADG bespoke draws on practical experience and commercial awareness, to ensure each project is carefully crafted into a high quality, beautiful building, regardless of size, scope or budget.
ADG bespoke’s design approach aims to balance creativity and innovation, with end user experience and a particular focus on high quality craftsmanship. ADG bespokes design solutions are environmentally responsive and appropriate to each individual bespoke client brief and aspirations, site context, materials, programme and budget.
Design is a journey of discovery and it is one that ADG bespokes is passionate to embrace, our work reflects this. It is well known that the ‘devil is in the detail’, ADG bespoke works with a close network of contractors, consultants and suppliers to help us deliver this vision of high quality craftsmanship.
At ADG bespoke we are firm believers in the ‘fabric first’ approach that places site orientation, robustness, material choice and insulation at the top of any sustainable design criteria. As a result building services can be designed to be more efficient, in terms of energy, space and cost. Good sustainable design is also about future-proofng and adaptability, at bespoke we understand these issues.
We all have the ability to respect and improve our environment through thoughtful design, materials use and the incorporation of low energy systems, no matter how large or small the project might be. ADG bespoke’s personal ethos, backed up by our quality assurance systems, requires us to build this thought process into all of our work.
ADG bespoke’s close links to energy experts can help us to analyse energy use before any design is signed-off. Because ADG bespoke take our responsibilities seriously we are currently taking the leap into providing our own Passivhaus design services that will ensure we can provide very low energy use buildings with great internal environments. At ADG bespoke, we don’t believe that low energy buildings have to be ugly or boring, and the solutions that arise from adopting a sustainable design ethos can create really striking architecture.
Bespoke can provide an extensive range of services which gives our clients a single point of contact, making the process of creating their dream project an enjoyable experience. These include:
- Preparation of Planning Applications
- Preparation of working drawings for Building Regulations Approval
- Advice on most appropriate procurement route, to suite timescale and budget
- Preparation of detailed specification and schedules for tender / costing purposes
- Contract administration and monitoring the project during construction, working closely with the main contractor
- Completely bespoke design solutions tailored to the individual needs of each client and their family
- 3D computer design, enabling fast visualisation and project management from initial concept through to construction and completion
- Sustainable design is integral to the way we work. This helps to ensure the building is energy efficient, creates a comfortable living environment, and helps to minimise utility bills
- Option to develop a ‘Passiv Haus’ design – a highly insulated building with very low running costs
- Detailed electrical and lighting design
- Outline kitchen design, detailed bathroom design and bespoke furniture design
- Bespoke interior design – staircases, firplaces with wood burning stoves, and bespoke features
- Internal decorations, finishes schedules and sourcing material samples
- External hard landscaping design
- ‘Outbuilding’ design (detached annex, garage, leisure, log and bin stores)
- Virtual reality (VR), is an artificial environment that is created using the latest software and presented to our clients using headsets, allowing them to be suspended, first hand, in their project.
“We are very happy to recommend ADG Bespoke warmly on the basis of our experience of their work remodelling our existing Plymouth home and adding a new studio annexe. From the initial design stage to the successful completion of the project, ADG Bespoke provided an imaginative, responsive and thoroughly professional service, guiding us through a complex series of choices to deliver a transformational change with which we are delighted.”
Nick & Alison Raynsford
“Thanks very much for your and your team’s work. We were Impressed by the speed with which you got us through planning, as well as leading us through the design phase. Your help was invaluable in turning our vague ideas into something functional and in-keeping.”
Peter & Di Richards
“We have used ADG Architects of Plymouth who have been extremely good. The architect we’ve worked with, Dan Stewart, is knowledgeable, patient, helpful and thorough, and his designs have gone down well with the AONB. I would thoroughly recommend them.”